Thursday, December 20, 2012

Will you still love me tomorrow???


"I, take you, to be my wedded husband to have and to hold from this day forward,
for better or for worse,
for richer, or for poorer,
in sickness and in health.
I further promise to love and cherish you,
and be faithful to you for as long as we both shall live"

What does the term "till death do us part" mean to you? This is something i pondered over this afternoon. How difficult is it to stay on together in sickness, in poverty or in the face of infidelity?

What prompted me to write this is not the recently spate of extramarital affairs that grabbed the nation's attention recently but someone about my age whose husband suffered a stroke 3 years ago and how she stayed by him. It must be such a struggle for her to manage the finances and take care of an ailing husband.

She confide that the people closest to her have actually advised her to leave her husband but she still stood by him resolutely, hoping that some day they have some form of normalcy in their lives. This deeply touched me and it felt like a heavy weight to my heart.

So if this happens to you, what will you do? Stay on with the person no matter how difficult and hard and knowing that all the love is lost after years of illness. An easier choice to make is to leave the person.

Or should you be the one who is sick, will you wish that your better half will stay by you or will you prefer he/she has a more fulfilling life without you.

The question is will you still love me tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Value stay at Vessel Hotel Miyakonojo

Address: 5819-3 Tohokucho, Miyakonojo, Miyazaki 885-0004, Japan  We arrived late to hotel and the fastest and quickest way is the McDonald&...