Skip to main content

Apple Pie, Monkey Lattes & A Post-Hike Break at ENZA Café

 

If you're planning a visit to Jigokudani Yaen Koen (Snow Monkey Park), ENZA Café is arguably the best place to stop before or after the monkey walk. Conveniently located right at the entrance of the forest trail leading to the park, it's hard to miss and makes for a perfect rest stop. 

We dropped by after visiting the snow monkeys and only then realised that the café actually has indoor seating. Since we hadn't noticed that earlier, we ended up ordering from the outdoor terrace section, which operates more like a takeaway counter. The terrace was still a pleasant place to sit and enjoy a snack while soaking in the fresh mountain air.

Food & Drinks

The star of the show was undoubtedly the Nagano Apple Pie. Made with local apples, it had a flaky crust and a generous apple filling that wasn't overly sweet. It's easy to see why so many visitors recommend it.


Of course, we couldn't resist ordering the famous Monkey Latte, which comes topped with an adorable monkey-shaped marshmallow. Unfortunately, our photo opportunity was short-lived. The hubs enthusiastically dropped the marshmallow into the coffee, where it promptly capsized and dissolved beyond saving. So much for those Instagram-worthy pictures!


We also ordered the karaage, which was crispy, juicy and hit the spot after the walk to and from the monkey park.

I was also tempted by the café's selection of local apple products, including apple beer, apple wine and apple-flavoured treats that showcase Nagano's famous apples. However, the apple beverages came in rather large glass bottles. I wasn't confident I could finish one through the trip, nor did I fancy trying to bring a fragile glass bottle all the way home, so I reluctantly gave them a pass.

Overall Thoughts

The food was good, the atmosphere was relaxing, and the location couldn't be more convenient, especially since it's close to the parking area. After trekking through the forest to see the famous snow monkeys, having a warm drink and a slice of apple pie at ENZA Café felt like a well-earned reward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aqua Hair Korean Salon (Review) - C Perm Yay or Neh?

Its been a while since i blogged about something related to beauty. I've been rather constant with my hair stylist as i've become less adventurous with age. I did switch hair salons to seek a change in my looks but have failed miserably to look super stylo. Moroever, in so far no one has beaten the power hair massage of my current hair stylist.  I am getting quite bored with my constant similar look and i've been googling on korean hair salons for a while. One salon caught my eye in terms of their pricing and reviews (not much to begin with). This suits me as bloggers may skewed their reviews and other popular korean hair salons charge exorbitant rates. I made a last minute appointment on a weekday and was on my way to a new hair change. I was pretty surprised upon arrival as i was expecting it to be rather quiet. The stylist assigned to be is handling like 3 customers at the same time though each seemed to be in various stages of completion. Though my appointment is a...

Panasonic steam oven NU-SC100WYPQ "Cutie" Product Review

I wanted to get weeks about it  I purchased this item from Tangs at SGD $399. They are having a promotion of discount SGD $50 if you spend SGD $500. So i top up with a vacuum tumbler and pyrex glass dish. After several months of using, here are my comments on this cutie steam oven. This is purely a steam oven with no microwave function. One of the rare oven with no microwave function.  I am ok with it as i steam fishes regularly and its a perfect addition of appliance. The other alternative is the miele steam oven and it is on offer at the same time for SGD $1600. The oven can be plugged to main power point as it is at 13 amp.  Summary: Here are some of my observations using the steam oven.  Buns Easy peasy for the early morning rush to work, put the char siew bao into the oven. Set it to 10 mins and you can steaming hot bun to eat for breakfast. Fish I steam fish majority of the time. It is super easy to use for steaming fish Vegetables Tr...

Kose Beauty Centre Facial Review (Isetan Scotts)

I was very very taken aback when i entered the unassuming beauty salon right in the heart of orchard. While the place is clean and design is simple, it was very sparsely furnished considering its brand name and in comparision with Yamano (the other japanese salon i went).  I entered the facial premises after i passed through the hair salon. What greeted me makes my jaw dropped even more, the room is bare. There is no wall partitions for privacy, in its place are curtains hung to separate the different beds. And i am able to see all the facial therapist and guests. Each therapist handles 2 guests both at the same time!!! From My session suppose to start at 3 pm since my therapist is also handling another customer, i whipped out my phone and start playing candy crush till my therapist is available at 3.30pm. The therapist started by cleaning my face and recommending the appropriate therapy for my skin. I was advised to do the  Whitening & Anti-ageing Treatment an...