Thursday, May 31, 2012

SKII Spa - Crystal Clear skin (Review)

I stopped facials for 6 months and i look tired. It might have been the late nights, stress hormones or age itself. But i think a girl has to care for her skin. No matter what, i'm due for a beauty regime and so its time to try out a few facial places before finally deciding on a regular place to go. I'm still in search-process though.

Lucky you! You have the first hand information and all without trying!

I've been wanting to try SKII facial for the longest time. Its the steep pricing that hold me back but what the HECK! I need to feel beautiful.

Upon arrival, i am served drinks while waiting. As its my first time there, i got a detailed skin analysis done.

The skin analysis machine will review your skin in terms of pores, elasticity, tone, spots and fine lines. Apparently, its possible to attain crystal clear skin if these 5 dimensions (Radiance enhancement, Texture refinement, Spot, Wrinkle resistance, firmness power) of skin problems are targetted and addressed.

The diagnosis reflect that i have slight uneven tone and not-that-fantastic elasticity (58%). Elasticity was my worse problem compared to the other areas. So based on the skin analysis, i'm recommended the Uplifting Facial.

"A non-invasive face lift incorporates the use of biotechnology to strengthen muscle fibers and skin tissues to retain the skin elasticity as well as all the goodness of SKII to create radiant, youthful looking skin."

So i was ushered to the room and dressed for the facial to start. It started similar to other facials i've done before. First, it starts with the inhaling of the aroma and then cleansing and dead skin removal. After that step, i think something shone on my face for a while before i proceed with steaming. This is the part i usually dislike. Steaming and Extraction.

Personally, i prefer the touch of the hands rather than a machine facial. Extraction is a necessity to rid my black heads and all the clogged pores. Then come the most interesting part of this uplifting facial. I think there are two applicators that are used on the skin which one will give up jolts of electricity and the other to calm the skin down.

Initially, i started on a stronger current on my neck. It got increasing uncomfortable when it moves up from my chin and i need to reduce the voltage. But i still felt sensitivity on my teeth nerves and nerves that i never knew exist. The applicator felt pricky and a little like ant bites in some instances. The most freaky part is when the applicator is on my forehead. I had an old grandma's pin on my hair that i forget to remove and my hair zinged and this sent creeps down my spine. I was shown the effect when i had half my face uplifted. And i just "mmmm" my way, cos all i wanted is for this part to be over. OMG!

Finally, is the facial mask and neck massage. The therapist is heavy handed but it does ease a tired shoulder. What wraps up the facial nicely is a cup of TWG Earl Grey and two very nice cookies!

Review:

My skin felt smoother and clearer. My husband can attest to this as well.

To sum up, the facial did give my tired skin the much needed boost. But i doubt i will be do the Uplifting facial again. I still belong to the old fashioned facial type that thinks everything should be done by hands, no machine at all. One facial on the menu list can fit the criteria, Sensational Facial which combines a 55 step relaxing face massage, eye treatments and a sooth scalp massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Value stay at Vessel Hotel Miyakonojo

Address: 5819-3 Tohokucho, Miyakonojo, Miyazaki 885-0004, Japan  We arrived late to hotel and the fastest and quickest way is the McDonald&...